Feb 24, 2015

Brain Breaks

Have you guys tried Brain Breaks in your room? I've heard about them for years, even during my college days. I just always assumed the upper elementary kids were "too old" for Brain Breaks. Boy oh boy was I wrong! My colleague introduced me to Go Noodle this year and it is the next best thing since peanut butter (and I loooooooooooove peanut butter!). 

You get to pick a character and once you earn 10 points with that character they "morph" into a new, bigger and better character. The students LOVE this part of Go Noodle. They scream and cheer when our character morphs. Right now our character has the largest mustache that extends as his arms with huge biceps! I am really excited to tie this in with our state standardized-testing next month.

Here are a few pictures from one of the brain breaks we did today. I love watching the kids dance along with the characters. (Ps. I just so happen to be standing in the corner where all the girls congregate to dance along. The boys always choose the opposite side of the room!)



1 comment: